"Let them march all they want. So long as they pay their taxes" Alexander Haig June 1982.
Unfortunately, this is what the government still seems to think. We must know that it is our dollars that pay for war and unjust aggreements between nations that keep people poor. Let us vow to pay no more!
Knowledge is the key towards independence. Begin your journey with the list below and since this list is by no means comprehensive please add good reads of your own. Please respect that this is sight to help folks gain knowledge and help build a movement towards making the world a better place in which to live.
I. Books and websites
1. Natural Capitalism by Paul Hawken, Amory Lovings, and L Hunter Lovins
2. The Exception to the Rulers: Exposing Oily Politicians, War profiteer and the Media that Love Them by Amy Goodman with David Goodman
3. Small Is Beautiful: Economics As If People Mattered by E. F, Schumacher
4. Healing With Whole Foods: Oriental Traditions and Modern Nutrition
5. Herbal Healing For Women: Simple Home Remedies for Women of All Ages by Rosemary Gladstar
6.Fatal Harvest by Andrew Kimbrell
7. Seeds of Decepetion by Jeffery Smith
8. Hope's Edge: The Next Diet for a Small Planet by Anna Lappe and Frances Moore Lappe
9. Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins
10. The Ordinary Person's Guide to Empire by Aryndhatu Roy
11. Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken
12. Red Emma Speaks by Alix Kates Shulman
www.nwtrcc.org- National War Tax Coordinating Committee- tax resistance info
www.peacetaxfund.org - support for a peace tax fund bill
www.warresisters.org - War Resisters League
www.onemilliontaxpayersforpeace.org -Ways to boycott war and support peace
www.guvwurld.blogspot.com - The No Confidence Resolution
www.seedsofdeception.com - Exposes the corrupt science of GMO Foods
www.moveon.org- Activist group
www.commondreams.org - "News and views for the Progressive Community"
www.blackboxvoting.org - Consumer protection for Elections"
www.DUHC.org - Democracracy Unlimited Community Currency
www.converge.org.nz/pma/ashend.htm -self employment and future job markets and community currency interview
www.asje.org - Alliance for sustainable jobs and the environment. email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the North Coast Initiative Project. They work towards restoration of woods and wages.
www.ithacahours.com- community currency at its best, how and why it works in Ithaca, NY
www.humboldtexchange.org - community currency directory and info
email@example.com - Arcata Community Farm
www.nawbo.org - National Assocaiation of women Business Owners
www.chomsky.info - Naom Chomsky's Official Website
www.democracynow.org- Democracy Now site
www.howardzinn.org- Find info about books and philosophy by Howard Zinn
www.culturechange.org/library-bikes.html infor on library bikes
II. No Confidence Resolution
(v5.1, last updated 12/20/04 5pm)WHEREAS private corporate ownership of voting machines has inherent conflicts of interest, and has specifically led to partisan support;and
WHEREAS most voting machines made by private companies do not provide a voter-verifiable paper ballot or a permanent paper record of votes;and
WHEREAS no machine is infallible, and there is extensive documentation of thousands of so-called voting machine "glitches," including lost data, negative vote totals, tallies equaling more votes than there are registered voters, and persistent automatic vote swapping from a voter's chosen candidate to an opponent, with some of said "glitches" being severe enough to change an election's outcome;and
WHEREAS data from the 2004 U.S. presidential election indicate an enormous probability of fraud including, but not limited to, a non-random pattern involving optical scan machines in several states tallying significantly more votes for one candidate than could be expected based on exit polls, voter registrations or even voter turnout;and
WHEREAS conditions do not currently allow US federal elections to be accepted without question;
THEREFORE be it resolved that until:
1) all private corporations are divested of ownership in election machines, and
2) clean money laws keep all corporate funds out of campaign financing, and
3) any future mechanisms for voting conform to a uniform national standard and produce a verifiable audit trail for every vote, and
4) all votes are cast on the same day, designated as a national holiday, with the exception of absentee ballots which will be granted to applicants meeting a narrow list of federally determined criteria, and
5) all votes are counted publicly in the presence of citizen witnesses and credentialed members of the media, and
6) equal time provisions are observed by the media along with a measurable increase in local, public control of the airwaves, and
7) presidential debates contain a minimum of three candidates, and are run by a non-partisan commission comprised of representatives of publicly owned media outlets, and
8) instant runoff voting (see H.R. 5293) and proportional representation replace the winner-take-all system for federal elections;
There shall be no basis for confidence in the legitimacy of the results reported from future US federal elections;
Be it also resolved that fraudulent elections constitute denial of the Consent of the Governed, defined in the Declaration of Independence as the self-evident truth from which government derives just Power. This Council reserves the right to exercise remedies described therein.
For more info go to www.guvwurld.blogspot.com for archival info. go to www.guvwurld.org